The philosophy of the fire extinguishing means ever since they have been devised to date remains the same, and is based on the use of large water volumes and pressure for a wide range to be reached, but these means prove to be ineffective because they do not bring the desired fire extinguishing results, despite the large water quantities consumed and present the following disadvantages:
- They achieve a short throw diameter.
- On a burning surface consisting of several cavities, it is not possible for the water to penetrate for effective fire extinguishing to be achieved.
- The smoke coming out of a burning surface does not allow accurate throw targeting.
- The strong intensity of the shot causes material damages of the area surrounding the fire.
- The prolonged fire extinguishing time, on the one hand, results in a very big material damage, while on the other hand the toxic fumes emitted burden the environment.
- When fogging is applied for spray jet to be created, the range of the shot decreases dramatically.
- In many cases where there is the need for the firefighters to approach the fire scene by applying fog, there is a risk to their safety.
For the reasons above, firefighting is currently considered being inefficient and dangerous worldwide.